Saturday, July 19, 2014

Finally Found the Happiness I Was Missing!

Hello there my lovely readers,

WOW! It has definitely been quite a while since I last wrote. So unfortunately, I have not been very good at keeping my word of updating this more often. It's okay though, I am learning to not dwell on the negatives. I mean as a whole I am a pretty optimistic person. It is almost August, that is crazy! That means it has been about four months since I last wrote. So much has changed in that time. I just reread that my last update post and was like wow, so much has changed. I figured I would update this since I haven't in so long. Maybe I still have some loyal readers who check up on me from time to time. Well once again, like I did in that one post I will broadly update you in most aspects of my life. It is crazy how much has changed since I last wrote. Let me start.

Let me start with my number one, first and foremost...God! Though I don't go to church as much as I would like to I obviously put God as my number one guide. He has been good to me for the last 21 years and especially in the last few months. I thank him every day for helping guide me in the right direction. Amen.

Family. A very important priority in my life. This aspect of my life has been pretty great. We are closer than ever. When it comes to my parents it is nice to have them around. They have been really supportive. It's like we have a different kind of relationship. Being an adult and having a good relationship with your parents is definitely a great thing. I am not saying things are perfect, far from it, but it's been great having family time. My sister and I are still closer than ever. Growing up has done us well. It just sucks since she got a new job and since she works third shift, I don't see her as often. My other "sister" Charlotte, we are also closer than ever and helping each other reach our goals and dreams. My cousin and I are closer than ever and getting to be her daughter's god mother is definitely an honor. My family ties have never been stronger.

Education. Which, as we all know is my number one priority. It was interesting to read my last post and see where I was. Well you'll be happy to know that I did fairly well on my online classes and finished the semester strong. Making the decision  about where to go to school was very difficult, but I have decided. :) The school I have chosen is....drum roll please...UW Oshkosh! It is my dream school, where I started college, and where my heart is. It was a hard decision to leave Milwaukee, but I know I made the right choice. I am pretty excited to have classes on campus again and just be back to where it all started. I know that this year I will work harder than ever before and for the remainder of my college career. I hope that the rest of my college career is successful. It is a good feeling knowing I have people who support me.

Love. If I have any readers still out there, I am sure you are curious about this aspect of my life. Well I am happy to announce that I am single, and have never been happier. Cory and I broke up as things weren't working out. It is okay though, we are still friends and we are better off apart. It was pretty obvious that it was a long shot. It may have taken me a while to realize, but I was unhappy and needed to let go. I am firm believer in things happen for a reason, so I know it was the right thing. After our break up, I decided that I was not going to look for love or anything involving a relationship and that I would just focus on myself. Ironically, a couple months ago a guy came into my life who has been nothing short of a blessing. I consider it faith, since I had just decided to focus on myself. I mean I am always up for meeting new people and friends, so when he first came into my life I just said, hey a new friend. I would have never imagined that it would turn into something else. I mean as I mentioned I am single so we are not in an exclusive relationship, yet, but he definitely has changed my life for the better and has brought me the happiness I was missing. His name is Anthony and he makes me feel some type of way. I am just feel lucky and blessed to have him in my life. We don't know what the future holds for us, but in the short time we have known each other, he has made a huge impact on my life. We'll see where our relationship goes. ;) I have to admit, I really like him! We have had the most amazing dates I have ever experienced. I will keep you guys updated.

Travel. I have to add this as a section. I have discovered that aside from writing, traveling is my other passion. I want to travel the world. This year alone I have been in Florida, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico, soon to be twice ;) and hoping to go to New York for New Year's Eve. I am so excited! I went to Puerto Rico in May with my sister Charlotte for the first time in four years and now going with my family next month. It is the first time all four of us go since 1998 when we moved to Milwaukee. You have no idea how excited I am! I decided that by the time I am 30 I want to have gone to every state in the United States including Alaska and Hawaii, Mexico, Spain, France, Italy, and I recently added Costa Rica [Anthony is from Costa Rica ;) ]. I have to work hard to accomplish that.

Writing and Blogging. They may be at the end of the list, but we all know it's my passion. I know over the last couple years I have not been an avid blogger, but I want to change that. I am planning on starting a new blog, but will still try to update this one as much as possible. I am still a journalism major and am excited to finally get to get more into my major. I really want to incorporate blogging into my daily life more than ever before. Thank you for all the support.

Friends. Things have been pretty great. I don't see my friends as much as I would like since we are all pretty busy, but we are pretty good about staying in touch. I did see my best friend Nana and her beautiful daughter. I haven't seem them recently, but I hope that changes soon. My best from high school and I have gotten pretty close again. Friend department is going pretty great.

Work. My job has been pretty great. I am very lucky that I get to keep my job even after I go back to Oshkosh. A lot of changes have happened over the last few months and it is an honor to have been a part of them. I really like my job and I learn so much every day. I am grateful for my job.

Health. I got health insurance!!! Thank you God. I have been going to the doctor and finally taking care of myself. I am trying to change my lifestyle and I want to be healthy and take care of myself so this is another blessing I have received lately. So far so good. It's a slow start, but I will get there.

Well, that is basically every aspect of my life. It is just a little broad update, but there it is. I haven't been this happy in a long time and I am just grateful. God is good and I know even the bad things in my life will work out. Stay positive my loves. If you have any questions or suggestions as always please let me know. :)

Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment