Sunday, April 28, 2013

Cosmo dreams.

Hey there my lovely readers,
I know I don't update this as often as I would like, but I promise I think about this blog daily. Maybe one day I'll reach thousands of views. I still don't know if anyone actually reads my blog, but maybe one day people will. I came to the realization that if a stranger were to read my blog they wouldn't know much about me. They would know my name is Emily and that I work at Disney and that is probably the two biggest facts they'd get about me from this blog aside from the little information from my first post. I am a very unique kind of girl some might just call me weird, but it makes no difference to me. I guess I could write all about me, but I won't do that today. This post is going to be about one of my dreams. I just watched a movie called "Beauty and the Briefcase" with Hilary Duff and I related to it so much so it inspired me to write this post. It's about a journalist who wants to work for Cosmo magazine and trying to find love of course. I definitely recommend it. The reason I relate to it is because obviously my passion is writing and I am an aspiring journalist and dream of one day working for Cosmopolitan magazine. Ever since I was a little girl I loved to write and I knew early on that I wanted to be a journalist. Now that I am in college I still feel the same way. Most people change their majors countless times and I guess in a way I am no different because originally I wanted to double major in journalism and English, but I changed my mind. One thing that hasn't changed is the fact that I want to be a journalist. I know it's not a luxurious field to go into, but it's what I'm passionate about and I hope to become a great journalist one day. For a long time, I thought that my dream job would be to be the editor of my own magazine and I must admit that would be pretty amazing. I should probably never stop trying to get there, but now that I am getting older and getting closer to becoming a journalist I have realized that my dream job and what would make me happy and feel accomplished would be to work at Cosmopolitan magazine. It would be such an honor to work there. It is one of the most known magazines in the world and it's definitely my favorite magazine. I have a print and digital subscription. I read it every month and I think it is such a great magazine. I think most journalists at some point in their life have this dream, but for me it is a goal that I want to reach and accomplish. I am planning on getting my masters in journalism and I would love to attend Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism for my masters because it is a great school and it is in New York where I can get a real taste of journalism. Living in New York is something I would love to do and I hope I get the opportunity to doing so. Working for Cosmo is definitely my most important long term goal. Can you imagine me going from this small personal blog to becoming a writer for Cosmo. I believe dreams do come true and I will work hard to achieve this goal. I just wanted to tell you guys about my dream of working for Cosmo. Well I'm off to read some Cosmo before getting ready for work. I'll write soon.
Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment